Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Lordship of Jesus

This past week our students were asking questions to people on the street about the Bible.  I started to talk to a young couple who were very open and our discussion quickly turned to the concept of absolute truth vs relative truth. I could see the layers of their unbeilief begin to unfold as I shared some truths with them.  Then, after about 30 minutes of discussion, these two young people said they wanted to give their lives to Christ.  I went a step further.  I told them that what they needed to do was not just accept Christ as Savior, but also to surrender to his Lordship in their lives.  I had a crazy thought and asked them if they would bow on their knees with me rite there on the street to pray and receive Christ.  without hesitation, they said yes!  Although a bit akward, it was a powerful testimony they were making...despite people walking by and cars slowing down to see what in the world they were doing, these two surrendered to Christs Lordship rite there on the corner of Chemekata and Liberty...a corner I have come to dub "Collision Corner".  They live about an hour from Salem, so I called a pastor in that area and he has already followed up with them. Pray for spiritual growth for Richard and Ashley.

No comments:

Post a Comment