Wednesday, February 11, 2015


Today I took the DTS students out on the streets to share the Gospel. As we split them up into groups of two, I paired up with a group.  As we were walking to set up our Gospel Guy signs, I asked the two girls if they were looking forward to today.  Both said, "To be honest, we are terrified and I really don't want to."  I reassured them that it is okay to feel that way, and we quick prayed and began to walk to our corner to set up.  As we were walking a couple approached us and I began to speak with them.  Since this week is Valentines, I asked them what their definition of love was.  Both of them basically responded in a way that said they think man defines what love is.  As we began to speak more, the Holy Spirit seemed to be softening their hearts in an amazing way.  Tough to explain, but you sometimes can just feel the Holy Spirit doing His work in peoples lives literally in front of you.  I shared the Gospel with them and invited them to a relationship with Christ...but for some reason, they said they were not ready yet.  they were open, very honest and sincere.  I prayed for them and they went their way.  To be honest , I really thought they were going to give their lives to the Lord, but I guess that the Lord needs to work on them some more.  As they walked away, I looked over and Allie, one of the students was in tears.  I asked her what was wrong and if she was okay and her response was amazing. "My heart is so broken for those two.  Why don't they realize what they just reject, or more importantly who they just rejected."  We had a great debriefing time.  This is what I love about evangelism.  When students intentionally speak with those who are lost, the Lord begins to give them a heart for the lost.  And that is exactly what the Lord gave Allie today.

No comments:

Post a Comment