Sunday, July 24, 2016

Rheki from Papua New Guniea


The above picture is of some tables we have in our front lawn area at YWAM Salem. In the summer, you can find them filled with people hanging out, eating meals, etc...  This past week, these little every day tables were the setting for probably one of the most amazing ministry times I have ever had.  Ill keep it in a nutshell if I can.  YWAM Salem presently is running a DTS and one of the students named Rheki is from Papau New Guinea.  The school only started about three weeks ago, and I have not gotten to know Rheki very well. All i knew is that he supposedly has like 15 moms (tribal culture) and was sent her by his father who is chief of a village to "get his life on track".  As I saw him sitting alone at a table just looking at his phone, i sensed Holy Spirit telling me to go and share the Gospel with him.  So, I went over and began to ask him questions about his life, etc... Within a few minutes it was clear to me that he did now know Jesus personally, and was striving to earn the approavl of God via works and performance.  I share the Gospel with him, and the Holy Spirit brought him to a place of surrender, and rite there, Rheki surrendered his life to Jesus with tears in his eyes.  He had NEVER heard the Gospel before.  He may have heard portions, but never the full Gospel.  He literally asked me, "Tim, I want forgiveness and I want a relationship with Jesus...but how do I do that?"  Amazing. After he gave his life to Christ, I let his DTS leader know and they threw him a "birthday party"!  They went out and bought chicken and mangos, two things he misses deeply from his homeland.  God is so good.  But it gets better.  The very next day, Rheki went out on the streets with my coworker and they led someone to Jesus! Praise God!!! Couple points to ponder.  Never assume people have heard the Gospel. Always share the Gospel.  And trust Holy Spirits leading.  Amen!

Rheki, rejoicing in his new life in Christ

"Birthday feast" of chicken and mangos for Rheki



No comments:

Post a Comment