Monday, July 23, 2018

What Weeping John Taught Me


The above picture is of my good friend from South Sudan, John Alfonse.  If you look closely, you will see tears running down his face.  I took this picture a few weeks ago during our Thursday morning YWAM Salem intercession prayer time.  This particular day, we were praying for the nations of North and South Sudan. As we began to pray, we layed hands on john and prayed for his family members who have been caught up in the wars, etc.. He began to weep. As I looked at him weeping, I felt bad in a way that I myself was no weeping.  But then, I began to think about how John can identify with the Sudanese people in a way I never can. What a picture of how our Savior humbled himself and became like us to identify. We are approaching our 20 year mark in YWAM next October, and I absolutely love our mission.  Over the years, this mission has given us God's heart for the nations, and what a blessing to be able to serve alongside people like John Alfonse.

Another bonus and excited time on our YWAM campus as we graduated more DTS students.  Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall...four times a year we run DTS's here and I get the honor of having all these students come through Gospel Focus for their training in evangelism to help prepare them for the nations they will be going to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment