Sunday, November 11, 2018

You've heard of Christmas Caroling...but have you heard of Christmas CarolIZING?


I wanted to share with you all a new idea I have that I think will revolutionize the Christmas Caroling industry (if there is one...is there?). Anyway, I was thinking about caroling, and I was thinking about doing it this December.  Then I began to think about the idea of mixing Caroling with evangelizing....Carolizing!  So, I introduce to you Christmas Carolizing!  The idea is very simple but serves a couple purposes.  Here is how it will go.  I am selecting certain Christmas Carols that are grounded in the Biblical story of Christmas. We sing them, and then in between Carols one person steps up to an open mic and open air preaches a 3-4 minute message that connects with the particular carol just sung.  While this is all going on, we have others walking around doing evangelism as well. I am super excited about this, and we have begun to put together an actual packet for churches and people to use so that they too can do the outreach.  Christmas Carolizing!  We will be doing this multiple times before Christmas, every time in a very public area.   The point of this whole thing is to challenge believers not just to go around singing Carols, but to preach the gospel.  I am writing a scripted message for each carol, for those that may not feel comfortable sharing something off the cuff.  Who knows, maybe you would like to do this with a group from your church?  If interested, let me know and when our booklet is complete I can send you the file.  Go, Tell it on the Mountain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment