Thursday, December 27, 2018

OAS Comes to an End


On December 14th, after 12 weeks of hard work, our Outward Apologetics School students graduated. The past 3 months doing life with these 10 students has simply been amazing.  I am so proud of all of them for sticking it out. I am so excited to see what the future holds for them. Two of them will actually be coming back to YWAM Salem to volunteer with us for a few months which I am excited about. One amazing testimony from our graduation ceremony. At the time of our graduation, we still had students owing finances to the school in the amount of around $2,000.  In my years in YWAM, I have seen God provide last minute in multiple ways, however this one was by far the "latest" biting your nails type of thing. As I was handing out diplomas, I had to let the 4 remaining students know that they could not get their diplomas until their tuition was payed off.  They already knew that so it was not a surprise, but it was still dissapointing for them to not recieve the diploma. As I am giving out the diplomas, one of our students looks art her phone and starts crying. She received a text that she got a large ananomous donation which would cover her school. She did not stop there. Apparently it was large enough that she gave the rest that others owed to cover their cost to! It was a room filled with tears I tell you! What a provider we have in Christ!

We enjoyed a festive graduation meal at our staff Melissa's home

In our last week of the school, we had many neat activities we did for the students.  The above is of them doing a "memory timeline" of the past 12 weeks. So good to reflect on the faithfulness of God over the past 3 months. 



No comments:

Post a Comment