Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Great But Tough Week

This week I was on the streets every day doing the Gospel Guy.  The Lord opened up some amazing,but very difficult discussions.  For example, I spoke with a young man who is searching for meaning in life, he actually says he has no purpose on earth.  I spoke with a young couple who do not believe in the existence of God as they think there is no proof. I spoke with a few gang members, one of whom dad was a pastor. He had a lot of hurt in his life, and I appreciated his honesty although it was tough to hear.  The number one conversation I had with most people dealt with truth and if indeed there is a moral law giver.  C.S. Lewis type stuff.  I found myself stumped many times, but also at times I could sense that God was working through the discussions.  I left this week with a reality that it is exhausting intentionally sharing the Gospel.  Satan does not want the message to be shared, and I could many times feel the discouragement, unworthiness, shame, etc...as he flung his arrows.  I also was amazed once again how many people would talk to me if my sign had a question about God.....but how little would speak to me if the sign had the name of Jesus on it.  Amazing.  On the flip side, what an amazing God we serve.  I truly believe that standing on that corner talking to people has given me more life than most ministry I have been doing since I became a Christian.  Please pray for the Gospel Guy outreach.

No comments:

Post a Comment