Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hitting the Streets for the Christmas Season!

Today was an interesting day doing the gospel Guy.  First off, it was cold.  Around 33 degrees.  What better way to spend a cold day in the Northwest than talking to people about Jesus and giving them hot cider, candy canes, and cookies!  Honestly though, I was not counting on there being to many people wanting to hang around and talk.  I was wrong.  The day started off with many brief conversations, some good, some no so good. One guy told me Christmas was another made up holiday for weak people.  Another told me he did not want to tell me what he thought about Christmas or else the CIA would be after him....weird to say the least. But it was two conversations I had that I wanted to share.  If you recall, this past summer I asked you all to pray for a kid named DJ whom I had met.  Bottom line, he was a skeptic about Jesus, and we talked for almost an hour.  I prayed for him, and that was the last I saw of him, and this was I believe in June.   this was a classic "seed planting conversation" in where I left wondering if anything sunk in. Well, DJ walked by today and wouldn't you know it, he now is a brother in Christ!  Long story short he got into drugs, got thrown in jail, and met Jesus in jail via a Bible study group.  Now he is trying to build his life back together.  Pray for DJ.  The other conversation I had was with a 19 year old kid named Anthony. When I asked him why he celebrates Christmas, a very somber look came on his face as he answered, "I have no idea."  We talked for about 45 minutes, in which I shared the Gospel message with him.  It was one of those conversations where I could just sense the Holy Spirit working on His heart.  He said he was not ready to commit his life to Jesus however, but very much appreciated the conversation we had.  I gave him the Gospel of John.   As he walked away he let me pray for him.  Would you please lift up Anthony in your prayers?

No comments:

Post a Comment