Sunday, January 26, 2014

Stand and Defend coming September 2014!!!!

I am very excited to announce a new school that I am forming here at YWAM Salem.  The "Stand and Defend" School will be starting September this year.  I dubbed it Stand and Defend to basically give the meaning of Standing for the truth of Jesus, and defending the Gospel.  To make a long story short, over my years in ministry I have noticed in my own life and the life of many Christians a gap in their ability to defend the Christian faith while speaking with others.  Since I started the Gospel Guy, I have been challenged so many times by honest tough questions that have caught me off guard.  Thus, was born my desire to start this school.  It will be a second level 7 week school registered under YWAM's University of the Nations.  Technically it will be called a seminar, because it would need to be 12 weeks to be a school.  I am very excited about this.  The school will be very intense both academically, and also practically as all students will be getting a ton of practice speaking with people. Please begin to lift this school up in prayer.  I have a TON of work i need to do from scheduling speakers, budgeting, curriculum formation, outreach implementation, recruiting students, etc... Add on top of this our regular Spring Break and Summer Mission Adventures groups, and life with the kids...2014 is going to be a busy one for the Walter tribe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment