Friday, April 4, 2014

A Great Way to Spend Retirement

A while back I met an older Christian man named Mike in a Starbucks I frequent.  I always saw him leading a bible study, and if he was not in a group he was always reading his Bible.  He was an electrical engineer...which means he is a lot smarter than me.  We got to know each other, and long story short, he told me that he has been praying for a way to "simply discuss the scriptures with people". I told him I knew a way.  He asked how.  I told him about the Gospel Guy and invited him to come along.  Today he did, and Mike had an amazing time.  He did a great job, and spoke to many people.  He was so excited after today he asked me if I would be willing to do a seminar in his church for people on evangelism, and then asked if he could begin to come more often.  I of course said yes to both.  But it was what he said at the end of our time together that blew me away.  He said, "You know Tim, I am retired, and I could not imagine a better way to spend my days than doing this."  I put the picture above with a bit of a sarcastic mindset behind it.  Mike is a good example for me.  In a world where many think of retirement as a time to focus on ourselves and slowly begin to die, Mike is looking at it as just the beginning of a new adventure in sharing the Gospel with others!  On a side note, please continue to pray as more and more people are asking to join us doing Gospel Guy.  It has the potential to get way bigger than I ever thought!  Isn't that often how God works?

No comments:

Post a Comment