Friday, May 25, 2018

Why do you intentionally interrupt peoples lives?


I hear people all the time say that they do not do evangelism because they do not want to invade peoples space, or privacy.  I myself have said and thought the same thing.  The problem with these statements are they are simply unbiblical.  We are called to "spread the gospel to all creation"...not just the people we know.  Jesus invaded our world, and calls us to invade other peoples world. The above picture is from a text I received the day after we were doing evangelism at the UFO Festival. I met this young very bright man named Nick who peppered me with questions about Jesus, the Bible, etc... We talked for a good hour, and I gave him my card.  This is something I always do, and I pray that the Lord would lead those who are seeking him to just give me a call so I can continue the conversation. Many times people never call, but Nick did. And there are many "Nicks" in my life. This is why I do what I do. Because there is nothing more important than where a person spends eternity in my eyes, which means every single person I talk about Jesus is worth the rejection, shame, etc that evangelism often brings.  I am meeting with Nick this coming Tuesday. I ask you to pray for him.  When I teach in schools, churches, etc...I often get asked the question about "What we do for follow up?"  I answer in three ways.  First, follow up starts B.C...if we are not following up with people before the know Jesus we are missing the point.  Second, follow up starts with you. You are responsible to follow up with those who God brings down your path. Third, follow up is a hard thing to do...but it is ALWAYS worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment