Friday, February 8, 2019

Friday Monrnings with Buddhist Monks


The above is picture is from our January Temple Talk. I took people to a Buddhist Temple nearby. About a month ago, I started to spend an hour on my Friday mornings going to the Buddhist temple to hang out with the Monks. They are all from Thailand, and speak very little English. It has been a great time of learning for me about Buddhism, and a great time for them to practice English. I honestly do not know what will come of these Friday morning times, but my prayer is that the Lord would somehow use me to reach the monks for him. They are so lost, and blinded by Satan. In a way, it feels very much like when we first went to Russia...I am clueless about everything there. At the same time though, the monks are so intrigued as to why I would want to hang out with them. I tell them because God loves them. Of course they don't believe in God being Buddhists, but the seeds of truth are being planted. Please lift them up in your prayers, and if you remember on Friday mornings to pray for me!  Often believers ask me why I do these types of things. My answer is simple. Jesus hung out with the lost. He went to the dark places. He came to call the sinner to repentance, not the righteous. What dark places are you going to with the hope of the gospel today? May we engage the lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment