Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Court Street Connection


The above picture was taken while I was downtown Salem doing our Friday morning evangelism.  Today, on Court street I had an interesting discussion with a young 24 year old guy named Alex.  I have seen this guy a few times downtown, as he is kind of hard to miss in his spiked jacket, spiked hair, tattoos, and signature flat brimmed cap that says the word "Asshole".  No kidding, that's what it says. Today I spent time asking God to show me whom He desired me to speak with.   He led me to Alex.  I spent about 20 minutes talking with him.  I found out his life story, which is hard and full of hurt and anger at a father who never loved him.  He told me his spiritual take on life is an animistic one, but he would love to talk about Jesus with me.  I plan to.  I was shocked as people would literally change their direction as they walked towards him, because of the way he looked.  All it takes is to sit down and talk with people, no matter if they look scary or not.  God opened a door today, and I believe seeds were planted.  I hope to continue my conversations with this young confused man.  Court Street, just an ordinary street in our city, held an extraordinary encounter with God today.  Get out there and talk to people.....divine encounters await us.

No comments:

Post a Comment