Saturday, February 15, 2014

An Atheistic Police Officer

A friend of mine who I played rugby with here is a cop and he patrols downtown.  He stopped by and said hi as I was doing the Gospel Guy.  He was also with a few of his co workers.  Being the week of valentines the question I was asking all week was "What is Love and Who Defines What it Is?"  As we spoke, my friend was very up front with me ans stated he was a hard core atheist.  We then spoke for about 30 minutes and had a very good conversation about justice.  My friend believes that society determines what is write or wrong...not some "made up God".  I asked him questions, and he asked me questions. The one question that seemed to stump him though was when i asked him how he could believe in sending a bad guy to jail for a crime, but then when people die, there is no justice or consequences for the life we have lived here.   It was a great time sharing the Gospel.  Please pray for Trevin. I will definitely get many more opportunities to speak with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment