Monday, June 9, 2014

Wyatt Earp and Jesus?


Today I began a conversation with a young 19 year old kid named Tim.  He was a real nice guy, and very open to conversation.  As we began to talk, it was clear that he was seeking truth.  I shared the gospel with him, and used an illustration a friend of mine once shared with me about how God's gift of eternal life is like a Christmas present that we look at Christmas morning and either open it or throw away.  Tim admitted that he treated God's gift like that and rite there he repented and gave his life to Jesus Christ. Another amazing story of god's faithfulness!  Then, as I got his contact info to plug him into a local church body, I found out his last name was Earp.  I looked at him, and he smiled and casually said, "Yes, as in Wyatt Earp.  i am a direct blood relative of Wyatt Earp.  He was my great, great, great, uncle."  I think it was just three greats, but it might of been four.  I was in shock and I we talked about it. Apparently he has proof, family tree type stuff, etc..  So today, on the streets of Salem, OR, the great, great, great, nephew of the famous Wyatt Earp gave his life to Christ.  Now there is a story for the books.  What a God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment