Monday, July 21, 2014

A Pastor's Kid Comes to Christ

I am always amazed at how many people I meet who have never heard the Gospel in this nation.  Today was no exception, and I was even more amazed that the particular person who had never heard it was a pastors daughter!  Today while out doing the Gospel Guy, I struck up a conversation with two girls who were reading my sign.  They were 18 and 16, very friendly, and open for discussion.  As my friend and I began to talk with them, the one girl who was 16 told me her dad was pastor in a church in our city and she has grown up feeling "pressured" to be a "goodie goodie".  Long story short, it seemed from my small perspective she has had a pretty controlling upbringing and her relationship with her dad is a tough one.  We continued to talk and I noticed some things she was saying that just made me wonder where her and her friend were at spiritually.  I then asked them to define what they thought the Gospel was.  Their answer was shocking.  One said the Bible, and one said "something to do with God."  These were two girls who grew up going to church their whole lives, and one was a pastors daughter!  What happened next caught me completely off guard.  I asked them if i could share what the Bible says the Gospel is about and as I began to, all of a sudden the 16 year old broke down in tears and began to weep. Then her friend began to as well.  Then, rite there, on the street corner, a preachers kid surrendered their life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and was born again.  After that, they shared how they saw us standing by our Gospel Guy sign and did not want to walk by us, but "something" was telling them to do so.  I was blown away.  On top of that amazing story, our team saw three others come to Christ as well!  And in the end, I got called a weirdo by a witch. That's rite, a witch.  They exist all over here in the Northwest.  Wicca is HUGE here.   What a great day.  Bringing the light of the Gospel to the darkness!  Could not dream of doing anything else.  Blessed I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment