Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Five Come to Christ with the Gospel Guy Today


Today I was speaking to a couple while doing the Gospel Guy.  They were living together, both had four kids from previous marriages.  Their personal history is a tough one, and I decided to get straight to the matter and ask them what their purpose in life was.  We then began what would be a 45 minute discussion which touched on about everything imaginable. The lady was raised Lutheran, but said she had her "own" religion made up of the good things and attributes she found in many different religions.  The guy was an agnostic.  I reasoned with them from the scriptures, asked them questions, answered their questions, etc... Finally after a very deep discussion I was very direct and upfront with them when I told them they were treating the free gift of eternal life Christ offers as if it were a Christmas present they found under the tree on Christmas morning, looked at it, and threw it in the garbage without opening it.  I often use this example when speaking to people.  Then, rite before my eyes I saw the Lord soften their hearts, and they then surrendered their life to Christ and received the free gift He offers to all mankind.  A little bit later, one of our high school interns who is working with us this summer led two people to Christ as well!  This was the first time he had done that in his life in this way so it was for sure a milestone in his walk with Jesus!  We also saw one man come to Christ on Monday.  He was drinking a 40 ounce bottle of beer when my friend began to share the Gospel with him.  In the end, he also gave his life to Christ.  The Lord is doing amazing things here in our city.  What an amazing God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment