Sunday, October 25, 2015

A Week in Discovery Bay

This past week I was up in Discovery Bay, WA speaking on evangelism in their fall DTS.  It was a great week.  I think the highlight of the week for the students was when I took thenm out to do evangelism.  For all of them, it was the first time doing anythign like that.  One student was brought to tears during one of our witnessing times.  I was speaking with a young man about the Gospel, etc..  During our discussion, he stopped me and said, "Here is what I do not understand, how could it be that just because a guy died, all my sins would be forgiven?"  I looked at him and sais, "You know, I completely agree, there is no way that just because a man died all our sins could be forgiven...but on that day on the cross, it was not a man dying, it was God who died."  The young man took a few seconds and asked me, "What?  You mean God died?"  I then shared the Gospel and in specifics about the incarnation of Christ.  As he walked away one of the students said that today was the first time in her life that she was brought to the reality that God died for her.  Even hearing it for years in church, something triggered that truth in that discussion.  Just in that one afternoon, students spoke to Muslims, Satanists, Athiests, Wiccans, and many "religous" people. 

It was great having Abby and Autumn sit and listen to me teach.


By far the best part of the week was spending a lot of time with Abby and Autumn.  So blessed to be able to have had this time with them.

I took the students into the city to evangelize.  They were speaking to people about ghosts.  Great time.




No comments:

Post a Comment