Friday, October 2, 2015

Captive by Demons...Freed by Christ...


This month we are talking to people on the streets about their beliefs in ghosts, spirits, the afterlife, etc... the month of October is always a great month to talk to people about this stuff since it is the month of Halloween.  Today, we were asking the question..."Do you believe in the spiritual world?"  As we prayed and asked the Lord to send us the lost, a young man approached us and I asked him the question.  He responded "Absolutely...I have personally experienced this type of stuff."  I asked him to share what he meant.  He went on to explain that there has been a few times in his life where he has been held down in his bed by a dark shadow. During those times he has not been able to move, or even talk.  He said that during those times he feels terrified and is not able to do anything but  wait until whatever it is lets him go.  We went on in our conversation, and I then began to share with him what I believed those "shadows" were....demons mean to keep him from Christ.  As I began to ask him questions, and answer his questions, it became apparent this guy wanted to find new life in Christ.  After speaking to him for about 30 minutes, this young man surrendered his life to Christ and as he did, he said, "I dont know what just happened, but I literally feel a strange tingling in my body and I feel happy."  Don't get me wrong, I don't rest anything in peoples feelings, but I truly believe that Holy Spirit and that time was doing something in him as he became born again.  We exchanged numbers.  Pray that this young man will begin to be discipled and find a good church and mentorship.

No comments:

Post a Comment