Sunday, October 25, 2015

Remember Lot's Wife!! Are you kidding me Lord!?

Remember Lot's Wife...that is what the Lord told me to preach on this past Monday night while speaking in the DTS up in Discovery Bay for their Monday evening community service.  There was just one problem, I had already planned a teaching for that evening, and it had nothing to do with Lots wife!  I told the Lord that I had already prepared a great sermon for the evening.  He told me He did not care, and I was to speak on Lots wife.  I begged and pleaded with God, that's not the type of thing you preach on your first evening some place!  As much as I did not want, to, I obeyed and spend Monday afternoon coming up with my teaching.  I was not to happy to have to speak on Lot's wife, but when God says to do so you better.  So I preached my sermon, and to be honest, I had a tough time because it covers some heavy topics.  Anyway, as we were having coffee and fellowship after the meeting a lady came up to me, and stared my in the eyes and said, "I am the reason the Lord changed your plans and told you to preach on Lot's wife".  I was shocked to say the least, but as she explained what she meant by that it became apparent to me that the Lord had a specific word for that lady through the message.  Obedience to God, no matter how hard our awkward, is always the best choice.  In my teaching I had a phrase where I said, "Hesitation to obedience will result in the isolation of disobedience". This is the word the Lord had for that lady.  In certain areas of her life she was disobeying God and needed to repent and change that.  Moral of the story I guess is when God asks you to do stuff...do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment