Monday, October 21, 2013

Jesus died for Cyrus

The above picture I had taken today of me and my Iranian friend Cyrus while I was doing the Gospel Guy. You all know of Cyrus, as he is the gentlemen who had me over for tea a couple weeks ago.  Cyrus is an amazing man, very loving, caring, but also very lost.  Today I had a particularly deep conversation with Cyrus about absolute truth. Cyrus believes that truth is subjective to our own experiences. I shared about the fact that as a Christian, I take an objective stance when it comes to truth.  We talked for over an hour, and to be honest I felt outclassed in some regards as some of the questions Cyrus posed were very hard. But as we neared the end of our talk, I really felt the Holy Spirit working on his heart.  I shared with him the perspective of salvation by grace through faith....something he had never heard of.  He is of the mindset that we must work out our salvation through our deeds, and is very skeptical of the church for the hypocrisy it has shown.  Anyway, God loves Cyrus, and I see him softening his heart.  Please continue to pray for Cyrus, and that we would soon turn to Jesus for salvation.  Pray for me, that I would have wisdom when speaking to Cyrus.  If anything talking to Cyrus has done, it has really forced me to dig deep into figuring out what I truly believe in terms of the questions he poses.  In the end of our conversation, I told him that even though he is 61 years old, Jesus looks at him as a child in need of a Father.  When I said that, I saw something change in his countenance. God is after the heart of Cyrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment