Friday, October 18, 2013

Leo Gives his Life to Jesus

The above question was the one I posed today while I was downtown Salem doing the Gospel Guy.  Lately, I have been praying for salvations on the streets as we do the Gospel Guy.  I want to see people come to know Jesus, and at times I grow discouraged when it seems that all I do is plant seeds.  So today, a young man named Leo walked up to me and honestly answered the questions by stating he had no idea what the purpose of his life was.  We spoke for over an hour, and during our conversation, I could sense the Holy Spirit working on his heart.  As we talked, he began to get gut honest and real about how lost he was, and how full of sin his life was.  His eyes began to water as I shared the Gospel with him.We spoke of the reality of God's righteous judgment, and that one day we all will be held accountable.  I shared with him the amazing message of the love of Jesus Christ, and the conversation eventually ended up with Leo receiving Jesus into his life.  I then was able to connect him with a local youth pastor in town here who Leo happens to live nearby.  God's work on the life of man is so amazing.  Pray for Leo, and that the new life he has in Christ will be rooted in the word, and that he finds a good church.

1 comment: