Sunday, January 31, 2016

Revival in the Public Works Department


I don't know what it is, but God is doing things in the Public Works Department here in Salem.  In a way, I guess you could say there is an ongoing revival happening.  This past week, a man named Anthony who works for the city reading parking meters was riding his work bike passing bye.  I stopped him and asked if he had a second to talk about our question of the day which was, "Who do you think Jesus was?"  The next 20 minutes I was able to share the Gospel with Anthony, and in the end, he surrendered his life to Christ. This conversation was what I would call "Textbook".  He was seeking, he was open, he was humble, and he wanted salvation and new life.  Holy Spirit had already been working on his heart for a while, and we got the privaledge to lead him to Christ.  On top of Stevens amazing story, my co worker Ryan has been following up with another young man from the same department named Charles.  If you will remember, years ago when we started the GGN we saw a few people come to Christ in that department.  God is doing things!  Pray for Anthony.  I will be having coffee with him this week.  Pray for Charles as well, and my friend Ryan will be doing follow up with him. Pray for more to come to Christ in the Public Works Department of Salem!  

No comments:

Post a Comment