Saturday, January 16, 2016

Transit Testimonies

 

A few months ago, the Lord spoke to me an challenged me to do something a bit different.  You see, we do conversational evangelism every day of the week on the streets.  It has become a familiar place for me, and to be honest at times a comfortable place.  That is when God always interrupts my life and stretches my faith.  He asked me to simply go on our city buses and preach the Gospel.  Simply stand up and in 3-5 minutes preach the Gospel message. Needless to say, this sounded a bit to intimidating for me, so like always, I put it on the backburner of my "I'll get to that later God" items.  Every now and then, the Lord would ask me, "Tim, have you gotten on the buses yet?"  Ah! The persistence of Holy Spirit!  So this past Monday, after hearing a challenging word form a friend who works in the Muslim world about obedience, I looked at my co workers Ryan and Daniel during our morning prayer time and said, "Guys, today we are going on the buses." So we went.  We prayed for God to give us favor with whoever the bus driver would be.  The bus driver ended up being a Christian...and he told us it was about time someone brought the Gospel to his bus!  Long story short, our time was amazing.  We preached, and then sat down and had amazing discussions with people on the bus.  We prayed for people. We encouraged people.  We were rebuked through the looks of scorn and the bowing of heads, and the putting on of headphones.  It was awesome.  We will continue to do this every so often, and plan to do it with our Mission Adventures groups this spring break and summer.  

M y co worker Daniel from Brazil preaching.  The bald man sitting there said if Daniel, "That guy has guts."










No comments:

Post a Comment