Saturday, April 6, 2013

Being obedient is better than looking for results







This past Friday morning as usual we went downtown Salem and witnessed to people on the street.  I was walking along this street, next to a bus station when I saw a guy running to catch his bus.  I immediately felt the Lord say to me, "Tim, you need to speak to that man."  As he ran by me, I chickened out and let him run bye.  "Lord, if he misses his bus then I'll speak to him." I said as he ran buy.  Sure enough, his bus pulled away at the nick of time and there the man stood.  As he began walking in my direction again, I felt the nudging of the Lord to speak with him yet again.  I let him walk rite buy me, as the fear of man took over.  I turned around and walked to the corner he was standing at and began to approach him and once again chickened out.  As I hung my head in shame and started walking away, God's voice was so clear when He said, "Tim, stop and speak to that man, for I died for Him also."  So, I did.  After four attempts to get out of speaking to his man, I finally gave it to the leading of the Lord, and obeyed.  For the next 20 minutes I had a wonderful conversation with the young man, and was able to share the Gospel to him.  As he walked away, I learned a valuable lesson.  To be obedient is better than to look for results when it comes to evangelism.  The guy did not give his life to the Lord, but he did let me pray for him and his sick grandfather.  What fruits will that conversation bring forth?  I have no idea.  Was it worth it.  Absolutely.  Why?  Because that is what God asked me to do.  My job was to be obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment