Sunday, April 14, 2013

One of My Favorite things To Do...



One of my favorite things to do is go into the kids' rooms when they are not in there, and just look around.  These are special times for me.  If you look at the above picture, it is of the boy's bookshelf. I took this picture this morning.  Notice the rattlesnake tails, the model airplanes, one whose tailwing is busted off, a statue of a cowboy,a random nail.  A perfect picture of a little boys world. Observe the picture below of the girls' bookshelf, three ponies neatly in order. Again, a perfect picture of a little girls world. I love to imagine what the kids were doing when they were playing with these things, and each time I look at things like this I can almost here the time slipping away.  When I do these things, I take time to just thank the Lord for the blessing to be a parent, and then I ask the Lord to give my children the dreams of their heart.  To me, looking at the kids room after they have been playing in it is such a special time, and I kind of get a bit sad when I see how quick it is going bye


No comments:

Post a Comment