Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tough Lesson from Back Surgery





As I write this, it has almost been two weeks since my back surgery.  I am happy to say, that it seems that things are going well in terms of my recovery.  One day at a time.  I am still sore, but each day it feels better. to be honest, these two weeks have been hard for me, and I have been forced to look at a sad fact about myself.....I often define myself by what I do....rather than who God says I am.  I remember taking a walk a few days after my surgery and the Lord asked me, "Tim, if this is what I had for you, for the rest of your life, would you be content in that?"  In other words, am I content with simply being loved by God, or is my drive in life fueled out of my accomplishments.  Honestly, the answer scares me at times.  So this two weeks i have had a lot of time to read, relax, and simply not do much.  It has been hard, but good as well!  I finally managed to finish my 100th devotional, and will be sending it to the editor soon.  Traveling with Lewis and Clark has inspired me so much to grow in my walk with Jesus, and these devotions will reflect that.  I'll keep you posted on how the process goes, but be sure to get ready to order a copy when they come out!  Thanks for your prayers everyone, I will go back to the office on Thursday...don't worry...one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment