Saturday, April 13, 2013

Oatmeal on Sunday



I am a big believer in traditions.  I remember as a kid, my own family having their own traditions, and now that I am grown and have a family of my own, I love being able to make family traditions.  One of them is Oatmeals on Sunday.  For the past few years, every Sunday evening we as a family have Oatmeal for supper.  It started with the mindset that oatmeal is basic, and simple, and that we need to remember the simple blessings Jesus has given us.  I remember growing up as a kid watching my grandfather from Finland eat oatmeal every morning.  He would eat it straight out of the pot, and occasionally he would ask me to sit on his lap and eat with him.  Those were the times that I felt like a king.   I hope all my kids will one day look back with fond memories of Oatmeal on Sundays.  Another tradition is the Walter family walk.  usually every night, rain or shine we take a 2 1/2 mile walk with the kids.  Love those walks. Both Oatmeal and walks more than anything are another way we can spend more time with the kids, and I cherish them.


No comments:

Post a Comment