Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Battle Book




Above is the picture of what I call the Mission Adventures Battle Book.  I bought it for like $2.00 at a Walmart some day on impulse.  It has become to me an amazing reminder of God's heart for the lost, as well as a reminder of how our battle is not against flesh and blood.  Every Friday morning we bring a group of staff members downtown Salem to share the Gospel with people.  That's rite, no strings attached, just pray, and speak to people about Jesus.  This is my favorite 3 hours of the week.  Our group usually consists of between 5-10 people.  After our morning is over, we write down the names of all the people that we spoke to, and the prayer needs in relation to them.  We then give the book to one of the ladies on our base who spends the next few days interceding for every person we wrote down.  Many of the people we never see again, some, we see answers to continued prayers.  This little book has taught me a lot.  It has taught me that Jesus dies for all, and no matter how crazy a person life situation is, He can rescue them.  It has shown me the weakness in my own strength, and how we do not have the ability to help everyone, but we do have the message of hope to give freely to everyone.  It has shown me the power of prayer, and how prayer is the most important weapon we have in this life.  It has also shown me that their is a bigger agenda than my own selfish one, and I am reminded of that every time I see the countess needs of the people we have written of in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment