Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Hard Sad Conversation

I shared the Gospel with these people today

I saw the above pair standing on the corner opposite me today.  I went over and introduced myself to them.  There were three people, although one was not in the picture.  I introduced myself to them, and asked them who they were what they were about, etc..  The three people said they were Christian, and one goes to a Quaker church, the other a Catholic church, and the other a Lutheran church.  Then, things got a bit confusing when I asked them if they ever share the Gospel with people, instead of just protesting war.  They said no, as they did not think it was rite for them to "impose" their views on others.  Ironic I thought given the situation.  Then, I was completely taking off guard when I asked them their thoughts on heaven, and what happens to us when we die.  All three said it was impossible to know, and that Jesus is not the only way to heaven!  These are three "Church Going Christians"!  My heart broke.  I spoke with them for about 45 minutes.  It was a very good conversation, but oh so heavy.  Since I was raised Lutheran, I had some foundation in my discussion with the Lutheran guy.  After he mentioned to me that he follows Buddha as well as Jesus, I challenged him with a few questions.  I have no idea if anything sunk in.  Please be praying for theses three.  They are genuine nice people, but so lost in a pluralist worldview.  We respectively disagreed on a lot of things, but I do know that Jesus wants truth to be revealed to them.  Join me in prayer!



No comments:

Post a Comment