Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Good Works Don't Cut It

Today started off rough. Even though it was the cities Wednesday market, and lots of people were on the street, none were really wanting to talk.  I was growing a bit discouraged when I saw a young man walking by and I asked him if he had a minute.  He kind of brushed me off and said he was on his way to meet his girlfriend.  I took a bold risk and told him, "If you give me 5 minutes I guarantee what I have to tell you is even more important than your girlfriend."  That caught his attention, and we began to talk. His name was Adrian and he was 26 years old. Adrian was a nice guy, and he was raised Catholic.  I asked him whether or not he knew he was going to heaven and he answered very directly ,"Of course I am...I am a good person."  I proceeded to ask him a few more questions, and it was not long before Adrian was confronted with a tough truth...none of us are good and we need a Savior.  As we spoke, Adrian realized that relying on his works was not good enough, and that salvation could only come through the perfect sacrifice of Jesus. I continued to share the Gospel with him, and praise be to God Adrian came to Christ on that street corner. We are seeing people come to Christ every week lately.  This is all God's doing, and we are blessed to be able to be part of that amazing work. Pray for Adrian and for the follow up he needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment