Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Two Salvations

Monday whole doing the Gospel Guy I had some amazing conversations.  The first was with two young men who attend Willamette University here in Salem.  I spoke with them for about 45 minutes.  They were evolutionists, and it sure was interesting.  To be honest, I found myself outclassed in some areas, but I tried my best to keep to the Gospel.  At the end of our conversation, i looked at the two young men and said to them, "Guys, your smart young men, but I want to tell you this.  You can deny truth and say it does not exist, but that does not change the fact that it is indeed truth.  And the truth is, without Jesus, all your educational efforts, intellectual arguments, and aspirations to do good, will all be in vain."  When I said that, it seemed like finally something hit home to their hearts.  They said they did not agree that Jesus is real, or that even their is a creator God, but that they would like to further our conversation. I hope to run into them again.  Immediately after that, I met another young man who was searching for truth.  I shared the Gospel with him and he gave his life to Christ.  How amazing a God we have!  Got me thinking of how different this young mans heart was from the other two.  Fertile hearts are hearts where the Lord can work.  Another one of our staff members had the privilege to lead a Muslim lady to Christ today also!  It was a God appointed meeting, and the lady was trembling in tears as she took the Gospel of John handed to her.  But then she gave it back, and said that if her family found out she was a Christian, she could be harmed physically.  Pray for this new believer in the Lord, and that she would be surrounded by other Christians who can help disciple her.

No comments:

Post a Comment