Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Gospel Guy Proclamation

Below is a poem I recently wrote one evening.  I was thinking of my ministry doing the Gospel Guy, and all the ups and downs thus far.  Before I knew it, i penned the below poem and titled it the Gospel Guy Proclamation.  I pray it is an encouragement to all who read, and may it inspire you to share the Gospel with others.  It is mean to be read in two line segments at a time, as they rhyme with each other.  The way it was transferred into the blog kind of messed with the line spacing FYI.

The Gospel Guy Proclamation
Tis not the stained glass steeple
Where I seek to spend my days
But on the cold wet streets of my city
Where lost men walk in their ways
It is there that evil hovers, oh as the darkest of night
All the more reason for me to be there, so eager to share the Light
For the burning message within me, I cannot keep it in
This good news called the Gospel, which frees lost men from their sin
And so it is by this sign I sit, day after day after day
Telling others of my Jesus, the One and only way
For He humbled himself and died for me, that's why I take this post
Striving to speak with others, about the One in life that matters most
Thou scores have lived in this world, well recognized and having accomplished much,
All I do is simply desire,  for the lost to feel His touch
Tis on this street corner where many a time the blind have come to see
You can have your buildings and offices, but this street corner is the place for me
Many mock and many slander, and ask whats the point, why try?
Who is this strange religous nut, this weird one, this Gospel Guy?
Tis in those times I ponder, oh how little does it cost
To speak of Jesus with others, Lord help me to reach the lost
It is this Gospel that I need as much as those with whom I speak
The lost, hurting and the outcast, the wise, the rich and weak
So I'll sit by this sign most gladly, rite outside this mall
To proclaim the name of Jesus Christ, the One who gave up all


No comments:

Post a Comment