Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Born Again at 64


Wednesday is always a long day, but a great day of my week.  Wednesday is spent entirely on the streets sharing the Gospel from 9-5.  Today it was 91 degrees, and there were tons of people out for the Wednesday city market.  This is my favorite day of the week.  Today we had many great conversations from agnostics and atheists to animists and shaman.  One I would like to share is with a 64 year old man named William.  As I approached William and introduced myself and asked if he would like to answer a question I had he was in shock.  Nobody had ever done that apparently to him before. As we began to talk, he opened up his life and was bluntly honest with me in regards to where he was at spiritually.  William was firmly convinced that he was far to bad for God to love him with all the things he had done in life.  I was actually surprised when he was humble enough to admit that he did not deserve God's love.  Usually its the other way around with people.  I told him that he was correct, that we do not deserve God's love, but we deserve his wrath and judgment.  BUT...here  is where the good news of Jesus comes in.  I then began to share the Gospel with him and praise be to God, rite there on the street corner this 64 year old man named Will came to Christ.  With tears in his eyes he repented and stepped into a new life in Christ.  This is the God we serve. A God who never gives up on man.  A God who will give new life to a 64 year old man who thought he was unlovable.

No comments:

Post a Comment